A GROOM OR A THIEF? | Part Three


I recently was talking with a person I respect very much and we ended up talking about this metaphor some how. This person asked me what I understand when the bible says “ Jesus is coming back like a thief”. Like many of the people my age I answered that it meant that Jesus is coming back when we least expected him to return. He will return at a time where most are distracted and many are out there chasing their hearts desire, and I continued explaining what I understood when I studied the scriptures. 

Then the person I was having this conversation with interrupted me with a question. “ What do you think is the aim of the thief? What do you think he is stealing?”. I replied, “ Expensive and valuable staff that is worth lots of money”. Then he asked me again, “ Do you think the thief would break into that house if the person living there does not have valuable things that are worth lots of money?” I smiled and answered that the thief would never risk breaking into a place where there are no worthy assets. Then he started giving me an insight to another perspective of this metaphor.

We all know that one of the phenomenon that will happen on the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ is the “Rapture”. We can read about this phenomenon on the gospel of Matthew chapter 24, the gospel of Mark chapter 14 and so on. On these chapters Jesus is answering to His disciples when they asked about the signs and symbols of His return. Jesus tells them what will happen in the end times and then on Matthew 24:25 He talks about how the Rapture happen. Two women doing the dishes, one gets taken away and the other will be left behind. Two men on the field working, one gets taken away and the other is left behind. There must be something different between these men and women. Why is one taken ( raptured ) and the other left behind?

To be continued …


Popular Posts